Mt Manaslu is the eight highest peak in the world (8163m). It located in the Mansiri Himal in west central part of Nepal. It lies in the Kali Gandaki valley. It is also known as“mountain of spirit” which is derived from Sanskrit word manasa which is known as “intellect”. The mountain was first climbed by T.Imanishi & G. Norbu in 1956. Still many of the climber consider Manaslu as a three peaks. Normally there are half a dozen of routes for attempt to Manaslu. The Mountain’s long ridges and valley glaciers offer feasible approaches from all directions, but still it is regarded as toughest climbing. The Manaslu region offers a variety of trekking options, which skirts the Manaslu massif over the pass down to Annapurna. According to government report as of May 2008, the mountain has been climed 297 times with 53 fatalities.
Package inclusions and exclusions
Whats included in this tour
Items that are covered in the cost of tour price.
- Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu as per the itinerary
- Climbing permit for Mount Manaslu (8163 meters)
- Loding and fooding during trekking & camping period
- 1 base camp guide 1 cook & 1 cook helper
- Necessary porters required for carrying stuffs from Arughat to Manaslu base camp and to back
- Equipment & daily allowance liaison officer & staff.
- Number of tent required during climbing period
- Mattress, dining tent, toilet tent, store tent, table and chair
- Annapurna Conservation Fee
- Solar panel for charging & lightning at base camp
- Satellite phone
- Welcome dinner with typical nepali food and dance
Whats not included in this tour
Items that are not covered in the cost of tour price.
- International Flight ticket
- Nepalese entry visas fee
- Personal expenses such as bottled drinks, showers and laundry
- Personal clothing and equipment (Satellite phone permit)
- Climbing insurance
- Personal expenses for expedition
- Tips for Guide & Expedition staff
- Garbage deposit & deposit fee will be not refunded if the climber unable to take back their garbage.
- Personal Insurance (Emergency evacuation by helicopter)
- Satellite phone &walkie talkie permit
Arrive Kathmandu and transfer to the hotel.
Preparation for Expedition
Expedition briefing in Nepal Government of Tourism
Drive Arughat via Dhading
Arughat - Sotikhola 6 hours
Sotikhola - Machhakhola 6/7 hours
Machhakhola - Jagat 6/7hour walk
Sama Village - Manaslu Base Camp
Day 15- 41
Climbing Period for Manaslu 8163m
Trek Namrung to Philim village
Arughat drive to Kathmandu
Kathmandu leisure/ rest /shopping
Final departure to the International Airport.