Dhaulagiri Expedition is a challenging trip. Mt Dhaulagiri extends 120 km (70 meters) from the Kaligandaki River west to the Bheri lies in Tibet/Nepal border. It is regarded as a seventh highest mountain in the world(8167m). The mountain’s named as a Dhaulagiri in Nepali. This comes from Sanskrit where (Dhawala) means dazzling, white, beautiful and giri means mountain. The magnificent peak rises like a giant shoulder of shining ice and snow. It was first climbed by K. Diemberger, P. Diener, M. Dorji. E. Forrer, A. Schelbert & N. Dorji in 1960. This Mountain was virtually unknown until the 1800s. This Mountain first sighted by the British surveyors in 1949. Therefore Dhaulagiri is considered the most challenging and interesting peak among the eight thou-sanders. Hence it is more challenging in comparison to other peaks. Dhaulagiri Expedition is bounded by numerous obstacles which include weather variations, fearsome wind, altitude sickness this are the major problem for a successful ascent of mighty Dhaulagiri. This enormous peak was first sighted by British surveyors in 1800 but it was still unknown
Normally there are six different routes are established with different variations, so that climbers could get more chance to accomplish their mission. But most of the successful ascents have followed the northeast ridge which is renowned as a first successful ascent route. As per the climbing record of Nepalese government 358 successful ascents and 58 fatalities.
Dhaulagiri Expedition is a daring adventure which is more challenging in comparison to others. But every year more mountaineers are attracted towards it. Dhaulagiri peak is simply majestic which dominates an entire area of Dhaulagiri zone.
Nepal Wonders Treks & Expedition P. Ltd provides a tailor-made itinerary as well as highly skilled climbing guides, porters and providing all necessary permits, documentation, transport and climbing logistics, rescue, supports etc. Therefore our clients are more pleased with the service for making their dream come true.
Package inclusions and exclusions
Whats included in this tour
Items that are covered in the cost of tour price.
- Airport pick up & drop
- Hotel accommodation in 3 star category in Kathmandu &Pokhara as per the itinerary
- Climbing permit of Mount Dhaulagiri(8167m)
- Three board meal during trekking and necessary food stuffs required during climbing period
- 1 base camp guide & 1 cook – 1 cook helper
- Flight ticket Pokhara – Jomsom - Pokhara
- Necessary porters required during expedition periods
- Equipment and daily allowance – liaison officer
- Medical & rescue insurance by helicopter for Nepali staff
- No of tent required for number of pax
- 11 Mattress, dining tent, toilet tent, store tent, table and chair.
- Annapurna Conservation permit
- Solar panel for charging & lightning at base camp
- Satellite phone
- Welcome dinner with typical nepali food and dance
Whats not included in this tour
Items that are not covered in the cost of tour price.
- International Flight ticket
- Nepalese entry visas fee
- Personal expenses such as bottled drinks, showers and laundry
- Personal clothing and equipment(Satellite phone permit)
- Climbing insurance
- Personal expenses for expedition
- Tips for Guide & Expedition staff
- Garbage deposit & deposit fee will be not refunded if the climber unable to take back their garbage.
- Personal Insurance (Emergency evacuation by helicopter)
- Satellite phone &walkie talkie permit
Arrival in Kathmandu - hotel
Sightseeing, preparation for expedition - hotel
Morning preparation; late afternoon fly to Pokhara- hotel
Fly to Jomsom. Rest for acclimatization - tea house
Trek to Kagbeni - tea house
Day hike to Muktinath, back to Jomsom - tea house
Trek to Yak Kharka/Alubari - camping
Trek to Kalopani - camping
Trek to Hidden Valley - camping
Trek to Dhauligir Base camp - camping
Camp at Dhaulagiri Base camp
Day 14 - 52
Mt. Dhaulagiri climbing period
Trek back to Hidden Valley - camping
Trek to Yak Kharka - camping
Fly back to Kathmandu via Pokhara
Kathmandu. Evening celebration meal
Final departure to airport
60 Days /59 Nights
April-May, September - October
1 - 15 pax above
Start/Enf of Trek
error: Content is protected !!